WELCOME

Hiphop, rap, house, jazz, soul, funk, r&b and all that. Introducing artists and recommending great music.

Pages

Hip-hopster on Facebook

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Elaquent

now playing: Elaquent - Deep Slumber

Today I bring you Elaquent, Beatmaker x Batman Lover x Kung Fu Movie Expert x Night Owl from Guelph, Ontario. I didn't make that up but it was on his facebook page. The following list of his influences can be found on the same page: J Dilla, Madlib, Flying Lotus, Pete Rock, Moka Only, DJ Premier, Mr. Dibia$e, Afta-1, Benny B Blonco, Onra, devonwho, Samiyam, mndsgn, Sunclef, Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock, Marvin Gaye, Sarah Vaughan, Ella Fitzgerald, Amy Winehouse, Mayer Hawthorne.

He is extremely talented plus a really nice guy, according to his own words. I believe that if his music tells anything about him as a person because we are without a doubt talking about the better kind of instrumental albums.

I'll list his albums with download/purchase links with some words here and there. Most of the stuff is free so you might want to appreciate that and support the artist and buy the few non-free releases.

In Colour (dirty loops)


In Colour vol. 2 (Dirtier Loops)

In Colour vol. 3 (Dirtiest Loops)

After Midnight (2009)

Freebies (2010)
The release was a prelude/promotion to the upcoming Persona album.

Persona (2010)
Upbeat. Smooth. Laidback. Eclectic. Off Kilter. 8 Bit. Swinging. Music is an experience. Music is not that serious. Persona is a representation of influences, inspiration and my past. Persona is a collection of my previously recognized styles and personality. Persona is not After Midnight 2. Persona is not In Colour vol 4. Persona is not the album I havent released yet. Simply put, Persona is all of the above.
With that said, thank you for purchasing. Your mere $10 donation will go a VERY long way...I put my heart and soul into this project, just as I put myself into all of my work. I will continue to put out free releases if folks support the official ones.
Oldies (2011)
Over Elaquent's vast, illustrious career he has consistently blessed us with tape after tape after tape of pure genius. This here is a collection of some of his 'finer work', tracks that most of y'all are probably tired of but some of you will shit your pants over. if it was up to eq everything he ever released would be free but we have kids to feed. The point is, for the kids who dunno who this Canadian even is, peep game and refer back to his catalogue, and you'll hear the real gems


As a free goodie, we have attached the first single off Elaquent's HW&W debut release.
Midnight After (2011)
You already know. Anybody who has checked out my 2009 release 'After Midnight' should already understand the vibe i was going for. If you havent heard After Midnight, then allow me to elaborate. Midnight soul shit. Certain sounds resonate more after dark, than before dark. something about the night skies, the moon, the crickets. jazzy, smooth, vibin type music. As i always say, perfect is boring. Tracks are a bit lo fi and sloppy. but so is life. Take your jacket off, stay for a while. Grab your Rye and Coke. I tried to create an atmosphere that will set the mood right. Studying. Drinking. Smoking. Romance. Just do me a favor and play it at night. Shoutouts to Marv Won, Mr Brady, O-Phrap, Es, Solar-C, and Phillipe Edison for helping me realize the vision. Highest praises to the whole HW&W team. Ok. Less reading, more vibing. Enjoy.
 What are you waiting for? Go listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment