WELCOME

Hiphop, rap, house, jazz, soul, funk, r&b and all that. Introducing artists and recommending great music.

Pages

Hip-hopster on Facebook

Friday, June 17, 2011

Memorecks

now playing: Memorecks - Passing By


Another great artist I've never heard of before.. But thanks to my friend from Chicago (yes the same one that I've mentioned earlier) my situation isn't that sad anymore.

Possibly the newest member of the list of my top producers, Memorecks has a good deal of amazing beats on youtube and his website. Camcorder EP was released in April, 2011 and it is a free collection of his very best works. It is a really solid and at least I'm having it on repeat. I think I'm in love with Passing By. There's some Flying Lotus kind of vibe, some J Dilla and a lot of Memorecks' own geniousity.


I didn't find a decent biography anywhere even though the guy seems to be all over the internet. He's from Toronto, Ontario, Canada and he has possibly started his career in 2003. His musical influences are DJ Premier, Pete Rock, Madlib, DJ Exile, Beatminerz, Diamond D, Marley Marl, Marco Polo, 50s-70s jazz etc. 

His beats are also on Bankrush and DJ IV's Solid Mas - The Show Off Mixtape that came out in 2008. It is available on Datpiff.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment